To not risk is to not live, to not change is to not risk

Johanna - Las Vegas, Nevada
Themes: change

Helen Keller, someone who understood the meaning of embracing what one has, had this to say, “When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.” Change is not easy, and it is not welcomed, most of the time. Change, however, is a part of life, and it is something that should be embraced.

I believe in taking risks, taking risks is large part of accepting, and embracing change. I have always stayed true to the believe, that if one does not take risks one will never gain anything. Risks, and changes are part of life. Many people are scared of risking anything, because they do not wish to loose anything. But if what one can gain outweighs what one can loose, the risk is most definitely worth taking.

For example if the forefathers of this nation had not risked their lives, and honor they would have never accomplished creating such a great nation. Risks are completely intertwined with change. The above example is an extreme example. A simpler more common example: I have attended seven different schools in the past eight years, I have not attended the same school for more than two consecutive years since fourth grade. Change has become second nature, I love it; these past eight years I could have easily chosen not to embrace change, to challenge, instead I have learned to embrace it.

I believe in change, it can open new doors, close the ones one wants closed, and allow one to see a different part of situations they would not in other circumstances. Change is an adventure, I have also always believed that every situations is what one makes of it. Change is what one makes of it, it can be the beginning of something grand and fabulous, or something miserable. The type of change that takes place is up to the one going through the change.