Forever Entwined

Maria Rose - Las Vegas, Nevada
Themes: love

I believe that there is one perfect partner for everyone, a soul-mate. You see a person for an instant, or barely speak to them yet you know that that person is the one you will spend the rest of your life loving. It is not a feeling of lust, wanting to jump on their bones, but a doubtless feeling that this is the one.

My parents are the ones who truly inspired me to believe in soul-mates. My father joined the navy and after years at sea, he was stationed in the Philippines. He was a bit of a playboy, but nearing his mid-twenties he was ready to settle down. He asked God to help him find the woman who would fill

the gaps of his heart. Very soon afterwards, he was walking past a shopping mall, but for some reason he felt as if someone was pushing him to go inside. He had nothing he needed there, but a relentless urge to go in created a new chapter of his life, once he saw her.

It was a whirl wind romance. No matter where my father was he never stopped thinking about my mother. It was the same for her as well. Every woman reminded him of her. Even through the toughest times, having an abortion that almost killed my mother, their love never died. They have been married for more than twenty years and it seems as if their love has only grown stronger. It is a rare and beautiful sight to see a couple so in love after so many years of being together.

I also believe so strongly in soul-mates because I have found the person too who completes me. The moment I saw him I was entranced. No one has ever made me feel the way he does. I have never considered myself beautiful or angelic in anyway, because I tend to stick to my flaws. But never once

does he tell me I am ugly, but that I am beautiful inside and out. He knows when I am happy and sad. He has been there always to be my best friend and a shoulder to cry on. He knows just about every gesture I do and how to interpret them, as I, him. I do not believe that age matters when it comes to love and

knowing who I will spend the rest of my life with. My heart is what I listen to, not my mind. That is why I do such crazy things for Dane, like walking three in the morning to just go and see him; to be completely a part of him body and mind.

To be a soul-mate is to be one complete being, whole. Nothing is impossible in life, because, love never ceases even through death. Love is what binds two people forever in life, thus soul-mates for all time.