this i beleive

martia - wichita, Kansas

Martia F

Ms.Kellerby: Fourth Hour

29. February. 2008

I believe in music. When I was young, I came to the realization that somewhere deep down in my heart was a love for tones, notes and keys. I started singing in kindergarten and was at the top of my choir. I believe in music because it is definitely a force to be reckoned with, it soothes the heart, livens the soul and even awakens the numbed soul when you feel the beat. When music comes from the heart it reaches the hearts of others. Gospel music and instrumental music have been the most influential in my life so far, but they are both exceptionally influential in the lives of many. Gospel can lead to someone’s salvation, instrumental can soothe the heart, and lyrical can speak the words and feelings of millions. When I was in the fourth grade I was in both all city orchestra and choir, this was definitely what defined my love for music. I believe in music because it has shaped the careers of many; Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, Donnie McClurklin and millions more. Music brought life to the roaring ‘20’s, and even salvaged the hip-80’s. Revolutionizing and re-shaping our culture with artists like Michael Jackson, The Beetles, MC Hammer and many others. Music in the nineties brought a new wave to our generation from musical change to changes in dances and dress. This decade brought forth a new revolution that formed into the new age hip-hop and alternative rock music. Music has not only brought on a new generation of music and dance, but a new culture that emphasizes more urban and home- grown self. Music has revolutionized our ways of thinking, moving and acting. This is why I believe in music.