The Unexpected Feeling That Changed My Life

Megan - Prescott Valley, Arizona
Themes: love

I believe that love is the ultimate need in life. Love is amazing, unpredictable, and breathtaking. Love is precious, when found, it should never be let go of. After turning my back on love and losing it all, I realized how much it is really needed in life.

I was always surrounded with love growing up, from family and to friends. I didn’t believe it though, so I turned my back on it, I was lying to my family and ignoring my true friends for people who claimed to care about me. I lost it all, and I had hit bottom. I was left with temporary happiness, a feeling that made me believe it was real, but in any minute that feeling would be gone. I struggled for months, doing things I never saw myself doing, and doing things I knew I would later in life regret. Nothing could make me smile and nothing could make me feel better about myself or the life I was living.

I met this boy named TJ in my chemistry class of Junior year at High School, I thought nothing different of him, but after a while, we became very close friends. TJ didn’t just be a friend, but someone to listen to me and try and understand than tell me just to move on. He helped me remember what happiness really was and the difference between real and temporary. He made me feel wanted, made me want to stick around to see what would happen next. He was the only thing that ever made me smile during these times. I could tell that he was different and he never gave up on me, no matter how rough things were getting. We began dating and now TJ and I have more love than I ever thought was possible to have for another person. I have him to thank for my life today.

I don’t know where I would be today if it wasn’t for TJ bringing love into my life again. I am more confident, and happier than I ever was because it made me accept myself and also change my life how I wanted it to be instead of suffering through it everyday. This surprise in my life was more than finding my true love, but finding myself, figuring out who I was inside and where I fit in.

I can only hope that love saves another person, just like it saved me. Without it, I know I could have ended up worse, and I hope everybody can experience what I am feeling today. Love will arrive unexpectedly but don’t give up on it, embrace it. I believe that love is the ultimate need in life, remember to believe in it, not fight it.