My Philosophy

Nick - Hillsboro, Oregon
Themes: carpe diem

My philosophy of life is to live each day as if it were my last. Everyday that goes by could be the day that I pass on into the afterlife. I try and always treat people with kindness because I don’t want the last thing said or done to someone to be the last thing that I did after passing away.

There have been many times that I have lost my life. When I was born I was born premature and very ill because of this. I was in the hospital for months and each day I was struggling for my life. The doctors found out that I needed a blood transfusion and they needed to get it done right away. Years later I was on a boat with my parents, I guess they were fishing. I fell into the water and almost drowned, but my parents dove in after me. In grade school I also had another bad experience with water, I went to a public pool for a field trip and I almost fell into the deep water, one of my friends saved me from that. Another incident is when I dove over the side of a two story railing to grab a coat. If it wasn’t for my good friends I would have possibly died or become seriously injured. Everyday that goes by I thank everyone that has saved my life and wish that one day I can do the same.

I believe that when I eventually do pass away that I will be reincarnated into something else. I just can’t imagine that there is nothing after death. With all the many religions in the world, it’s hard to believe that none of them are true in some way or another.