A Change in Life

Ruben - Hillsboro, Oregon

A Change in Life

I believe that change doesn’t come; just like that one has to agree. It all started one day in the afternoon my brother Miguel was out hanging out with his friends like all guys and girls do. But this time he came to the house different, he was wearing the baggiest pats and a t shirt with a big 13 on the back, he was also drunk and was yelling at everyone in the house. This was different my brother wasn’t like this all the time he was a nice guy with a cool personality. All of his friend influence him on doing these because all of them were gang bangers. You have heard people getting shot but not just people CHOLOS are the ones getting it hard now in days. My brother cares but he also is down for what he claims and no matter what happens he is there and he cant get out no matter what. Some times he tells me that he just want to live normal life with no problems and no fear. But once you’re in you can’t get out. I seen too much in life since I’m the older I know more, have seen / heard of people dying of gang related. This has opened my eyes to see that if I change something like that would happen to me. Now every time I see VATOS walking with all their CHOLO buddies it makes me mad and just want to kick their a** and continue on doing it until they understand that life is more important that claiming a gang. Now I want to open my brother’s eyes too, so he could see the importance in life.