The Unknown Philosophy

Kevin - POrtland, Oregon

The Unknown Philosophy

Everybody has some kind of philosophy in life; it might have been formed by individual experience or dropped on them like a bomb by surrounding people’s influences. But still everyone has his or her own philosophy on life, it might be some complex, well-thought outlook or a simple phrase they might have picked up and now live by. Still people have there own creed so to say to live by, except for me. My philosophy is that I have none.

Ever since I was a small child, even before I was able to comprehend anything, I was bathed in my parent’s religious beliefs and morals. They where christens so of course they where going to raise me like one. My parents always wanted polite children and well rounded in their cultural education. But not everything my parents wanted was for me; I needed to find my own beliefs, my own morals, ones suitable not for my parents, not my friends, but me and only me.

Accepting Christianity but still forming my own beliefs and morals, I set out to try and find my philosophy for life. I found a book on the subject and really liked it, I took a liking to allot of what some people had to say, a part of me wanted to adopt some of these but I didn’t want to use someone else’s philosophy, it was there’s for a reason and I wanted it to be my own.

Sometimes in life it’s the undecided people who have the right ideas about life. They don’t live by a philosophy so they are more open minded about things which is way these types of people make the best Supreme Court members.

I consider myself a happy person with a positive outlook on life. Not many things really do bother me or make me sad. I wanted to use these characteristics but I never found a way to incorporate it into my philosophy. Every time I thought about it the more I realized that there was no little phrase or philosophy that could do me good.

After thinking about the issue for a long while, I have concluded that I do not in fact have a philosophy on life. As weird as that sounds or emo, I just don’t believe in a personal philosophy. I just live day-by-day trying to be the best I can so I won’t have any regrets later in life,