Unknown

Ryley - Hillsboro, Oregon

It was hot, windy, and we were down by one. It was half time, and we were lined up like an army battalion readying for battle, our general yelling and spitting in all directions, motivating us. The sweat dripping from our chins, hair, and wherever else that it could find freedom. We were ready to battle in what was going to be the biggest lacrosse game of our high school careers. If we win this game against the number one team on the West Coast, we go to the finals of the biggest tournament on the West Coast.

Of course though, things don’t always go the way you planned, or the way you’ve been hoping for, even if it is the only thing that’s been on your mind the last three months. Life isn’t going to go the way you want, ask anyone. But that doesn’t mean life isn’t great. If everything went the way you wanted, everyone would be the richest person in the world, everyone would have supermodel babes doing there every whim, and we would all be twenty one.

So I guess I’m not really making any new philosophies here, just giving recognition to the oldest one out there, no matter what life throws at you, a curveball, fastball, or a little change-up, keep swinging. Don’t forget that even the pros are impressed if they hit three out of ten.