shoes, my guilty pleasure

Jessica - Portland, Oregon

When life isn’t exactly going your way, there is one thing that will always fit: shoes. This simple pleasure is like chocolate therapy that many people use. Although unlike chocolate or ice-cream which quickly goes, those shoes you just bought for relief are still going to be in your closet, waiting to be worn. Shoes are not biased, they don’t judge, and even though they get worn out, they’ll still support you. Just like people, shoes are all different shapes, styles, and sizes.

Good shoes make the person. When one loves what they have on, they are confident, and confidence is important through all aspects of life. So why wouldn’t one want to put on their favorite pair of shoes and walk around? I am always told that my shoes reflect my personality for that day whether they are comfy flats, sassy feels or bright tennis shoes.

So find things that are simple and make you joyful because I believe life should be lived to the fullest and every second is a chance to make good choices and be jubilant.