Take What You Want

Jordan - cornelius, Oregon

I believe in taking things. I know that may sound bad, but I am no kleptomaniac. In life, no one will give you what you want, unless you earn it. I am an athlete; I take things all of the time, whether it is a win, a spot on a team, or even somebody’s dignity. I train to be the best at what I do. One of my greatest advantages is my speed. I’m a sprinter for the Liberty Falcons Track Team, and this year, I plan on taking state.

Last season, during districts, I placed seventh overall in the Northwest Oregon Conference (NWOC), running one of my slowest times all season. That was a major upset to me, because only the top two runners go to state for each event. So this year, I plan on changing things, and working harder to get to where I want to be. This year, I feel like I have a more capable, and supportive coaching staff. Now I will have workouts that will push my limits, and help my stamina to increase with each day.

My greatest inspiration is my grandpa. He’s one of the hardest workers I have ever met; he has never asked anyone for anything. He earns his due. He understood that if you wanted something, you had to take it, because no one wants to give you something for nothing. If everyone could take a note from him, then the world would be a better place. When I look around my school, I get sick. Because of all the kids who expect to be just GIVEN a job when they leave this school. They do not have any interest in improving themselves in anyway. They take everything that’s given to them for granted. For example, our schools facilities are slowly being demolished by ungrateful students. We have the nicest EVERYTHING in the state. Best basketball court, the nicest grand stands, a really nice football field, but it is all diminishing.

I guess what I am trying to say is, I believe in work. I believe in gratefulness. I believe in ethics.