Second Chances

Lindsay - Hillsboro, Oregon

I believe that everyone deserves a second chance. I believe if someone does something wrong they deserve to be given a second chance. Someone could fix there mistakes that they have made in life. Such was when someone goes to jail they are given a second chance to make it right. Also getting into arguments with family, friends, co-workers they deserve a second chance. To some people family, friends are the whole world, they make who they are. There is a lot in life that you can lose, but why lose it over arguments.

When I was a sophomore in high school, my mother and I were getting into arguments all the time. One night I came home and we got into an argument, I told her I was tired of the arguing and that I wanted I was going to leave. So I packed up my stuff and was ready to go. My mom called my dad and my step-dad and they came to my house. We talked for a long time and it came down to me leaving with my dad. I was only supposed to be gone for a week. I was hoping that they week that I was going to be gone, everything would be settled and hopefully good for me to return home. My mom, step-dad, dad and step mom set up a dinner date so they could go talk and see what they were going to do, either they were going to let me come home or I had to stay with my dad. When my parents come home, they told me the news that I was going to live with them. I was so upset I just wanted to go home. It took me awhile to get the nerve to talk to her; I was so upset I didn’t want to talk to her.

I finally got the nerve to go to my moms. And start staying over there. Our relationship was getting better, we got past all the drama that we had in our lives. We started hanging out, going shopping. At the beginning of this year, after my 18th birthday my mom and step-dad asked me to move back home, that they wanted to give me a second chance and make it right. So I agreed, I was so happy that they were giving me a second chance.