through blood, sweat, and tears anything can be achieved

Oscar - Nampa, Idaho

I believe that if you really want to achieve in something that you will not let anything get in the way. That through blood, sweat, and tears anything can be achieved. You can take this literally or figuratively, it’s up to you. But, whatever it may be it’s possible, you can’t just try to do it, you have to do it.

My brother really got me into football. He is the whole reason I like the sport. He was always the best player on his team, he was the team captain. One day I asked him how he got so good at football; he told me that he had never worked so hard in his life. He told me that he bled, sweat, and even shit football. He applied himself and was determined to achieve his goal. My other brother was the same way, but he was really into basketball. I like both sports because my brothers introduced me to both. But football has always been my favorite sport. I may never be as good as my brothers but I’m going to do it. I’m going to go all out and hopefully I can achieve what my brothers did. My brothers always told me that if they could do it I could do it.

This doesn’t really apply to me because I have a lot of trouble in school but there are some people that really want to succeed academically. And if they really want to do this I don’t think that they will let any distractions get in the way. I’m sure that they don’t do their homework or study while watching television. People that succeed academically really work as hard as or even harder than anyone else. They are constantly doing something, always working to try to get better grades, or they are studying for a test. I don’t know how they do it, they are reading non-stop and to me that is just incredible. Some times I wish I could be like them because of the fact that I have so much trouble in school. Some of my best friends, I guess you can say are “nerds,” but honesty they are some of the coolest people I know. And they really don’t let anything in the way of them doing well in school.

Both of my parents have been working hard ever since they were kids growing up in Mexico. But this especially applies to my dad. He has literally shed blood and has sweat buckets, I don’t know about the tears part, but I wouldn’t be surprised. Yeah I work and got a job but I have never worked like my dad. He may not know it because I’m not very close with him but because of how hard he worked all his life and even now at 58 years old having two jobs trying to support his family. He has become a role model to me, I look up to him hoping that I will be as good as a dad as he is. It’s amazing because my dad is freakishly strong and I don’t think that he has ever lifted weights in his life. He built all his muscle by how much he’s worked. I guess that I am trying to say that through blood, sweat and tears my dad has achieved being a good dad and having me look up to him as a role model.

Rapping everything up I guess the message I am trying to get across is that you shouldn’t let anything or anyone get in the way of what you want to achieve in. because there is no better feeling than the felling of achievement, knowing that you did something you can be proud of. I know I’ve said this a lot but the main thing I hope sticks with you is that through blood, sweat, and tears anything can be achieved.