What’s Life?

Jordan - Hillsboro, Oregon

When you look up life in a dictionary there are 36 definitions, so how could you know what the real meaning is? If someone would ask me, “What is the meaning of life?” I would say that it is a preparation for the afterlife. It’s what molds and shapes you. It plans out your future. You only live once, don’t waste it. I live life a mile at a time. Every mile something new comes along. It’s like track; you practice an event and then practice another event that’s harder, until you can’t go anymore. You’re running on a path that you don’t want to fall off and, like life you don’t want to fall off, or else you’re back to square one.

I look at life with curiosity. Life is unknown, we only know about the past that got us to the present. No one will ever know about the future. I would go with curiosity, because you never know what life will throw at you, even when you die. I’m curious to know what life holds for me in the future, all I know is that my past will determine my future.

Is there really a point to wasting your life? I thought there was. I thought about giving up on life when I was little. I thought life was stupid, boring, and cruel. When I was little people would pick on me, because I was the tall, shy guy in the room. Life took two people that were really close to me: my two Grandfathers. Life took my Dad’s ability to walk away from him. Life was cruel back then, but then I discovered bad things happen to everyone.

Little did I know the wonderful things that were out in front of me. I’m now 6’ 4”, over 170 pounds, have a girlfriend and family that loves me very much. I help people when they are in need of seeking out the meaning of life, I tell them to never give up. God has a plan for you and everyone.

That’s why I say live life, have fun with it, and make good decisions. It’s worth it in the end. Just don’t give up.