In God I trust

Trevor - Bel Aire, Kansas

I cannot be sure of why I am here, or what I am supposed to be doing on this Earth, but what is known, is the thoughts and beliefs that I have every day that I am blessed to be here. Regardless of what the future holds, I have a belief that there is something beyond Earth, as do the majority of the six billion plus people that live and breathe on this planet.

Just last year, I confirmed my faith in the Catholic Church, and some of the values that I have not only said that I believe in, but have sworn to believe and have faith in are not tangible, as the man that the Bible, and the Church has told me to believe in, died nearly 2000 years ago. It is a challenge to live here on Earth following a religion in which all we, those who follow the Catholic religion as I do, have nothing to go by with the exception of a collection of books, written by the original believers, some of whom knew the infamous Christ. Other than these men and women, who wrote not only what they knew, but also what they wanted to share with those who would eventually read their works. In the world of religion, there are three realms of belief: past, present, and future.

The past sets the boundaries for the believers, as what has happened before, always, or at least, theoretically, can happen again. The present, just as important, is affecting the people on Earth who strive to be like the God of the Bible, making daily decisions on right and wrong, but when will they be judged? The future, when all that is questioned both in the past and in the present will be answered, as will questions that arise within the unknown length of time between the present and the future, since the future is the epitome of uncertainty.

Thus, even though the future is unknown, it is difficult, as a practicing Catholic, to not only fathom what could, might, or is within the possibility of happening will happen, but to be sure that all that I have been told is true. Though it is extremely difficult to put faith in such a complex story and something that is so extremely warm when parts of the world today are so cold, I believe that I, not only as a Catholic but as a human being, will be saved and granted eternal life, as the Bible and all of the Catholic beliefs state, though nothing is written in stone, nothing is guaranteed, everything is believed.

I believe.