Technicaly winning

Bryce - Hillsboro, Oregon
Themes: sports

I believe in the way of the technical wrestler. To be a technical wrestler, you need to be skilled in two opposing styles: striking and submission grappling. Now let us apply this to life: Most people wish to control their lives, and others take opportunities whenever they arise. The people who want control would fall under “Giant”, Powerhouse”, or “Submission” classes (as I call them), and an opportunity taker would be a “High-Flyer”, “Brawler”, or “Luchador”

These styles are neither strong nor weak against any other style in wrestling. I have seen a 5 foot 4 inch 180 pound “High-Flyer” defeat a 7 foot 400 pound “Giant”. I have also seen the “Giant” utterly dominate the “Flyer”, both matches where battles of control vs. opportunity. At first glance, you think the “Giant” will win due to his strength and size advantage. What you over-look is the “Flyers” speed, flexibility, and power in the air. In the ring, all of these elements collide into an epic David vs. Goliath with untold results. If the “Giant” catches the “Flyer”, it’s all over, but if the “Flyer” keeps moving, he has a chance to get a three count.

Now, you’re most likely wondering why I tell you all of this, well, my response is: It’s all relative. A technical wrestler uses the moves and skills credited to other classes, but mix and matches until he has a perfect combination. He “controls” his foe into making a mistake, like a bad step, and uses that “opportunity” to hit with a huge move. He doesn’t need to control the entire match, just the end. Much like life, he cannot rush into the ring without a plan, or try to control 100 percent of the match. You must learn to bring your goals to you. Control your environment just enough to bring the right circumstances into play and then pounce on the opportunity. This is the only way I have ever seen true achievement. This is why, I believe in the way of the technical wrestler.