Fairy Tales Do Come True

Stephanie - Las Vegas, Nevada
Themes: change, hope

I believe in happily ever after.

For many years I have believed that everyone ends their life with a fairy tale ending, whether it is romantic or self-fulfilling.

I remember watching Cinderella for the first time and wanting to end my own life happily ever after. It was one of those little girls “in” things that made me feel special to know that if Cinderella could end her life happily ever after I could too.

When I was about eight-years-old, I remember my grandma pulled me aside, after I came home crying about a boy, and told me that one day I would find my true Prince Charming that I would live happily ever after with, like she did with my grandpa.

As I grew older I realized that living happily ever after did not just mean finding Prince Charming, but living up to the advantages life had to offer me. Living happily ever after became me chasing my goals and accomplishing them one by one.

Sophomore year in high school came around and that was when everything became serious. I remember taking a test in career class that put me in my perfect career, basing it on my personality, hobbies, and interest. I think it said I was going to be a fashion designer, which was my all time dream.

Though I realized that becoming a fashion designer was not going to complete me and my other passion was children. I wanted to be around babies and I realized that I could do two things and become a children’s doctor too. My goal changed and I was on my way to become a pediatrician along with a fashion designer.

Now, a senior in high school, I am still chasing my goal and still looking for my Prince Charming. I has not been an easy task and along the way I have had many road bumps, but what keeps me going is that little girl inside me that says, “If Cinderella could live happily ever after I can too.”

I hope that one day I will live happily ever after like my grandma and live happily ever after for myself as well.