I Believe In Big Block Motors

Chris - boise, Idaho

I believe that everybody should own a big block motor because of the feeling of accomplishment when you finally put it in, the adrenaline rush when you’re driving it, and the loud noise.

I have been around cars all my life because my dad is a car dealer. My first car I have ever owned 1981 Chevy Short box. It is a sky blue truck that when we bought it, it had no engine. After a few months of sitting out in the rain, my dad finally asked me what type of engine I wanted in the truck. My choices were a standard V6 or a V8. I told him that I would like a V8. From here he asked me if I wanted a 350 small block or a manlier 454 big block. Not knowing what I was getting myself into I said that I wanted the big block.

After I told my dad what I wanted it took about three more months till we finally found an engine. It originally a 454 big block bored out to a 468. It had around 500 horsepower and a very noisy gear drive. My dad and I bought it right on the spot.

One month later we finally got the engine put in “The Beast”, ( what me and my dad called my truck)