Believe?

Makaley - Parowan, Utah

“This I Believe”. How many different meaning this can have. The dictionary says… to have confidence in the truth, the existence, or the reliability of something, although without absolute proof that one is right in doing so… This to me says that to believe to know. Yes this is one way to state believe. But to a child to believe or a belief is that there imaginary friend is there. Even though no one else can see them. They know they are there with out a dough and will be there friend. For anyone in any religion. You have your beliefs and what you believe in. For students, they have to believe that they will make it without their parents for the time and know they will do well and believe they will. For me, believe is such a strong and powerful word. When I was younger I just like all other kids I had an imaginary friend. She was always there, and was my best friend. When your like me and don’t have many friends when you a young you have to have someone to count on. That was my imaginary friend. Now that I have gotten older she has disappeared and I have gained a believe in my real friends and just like my imaginary one they are always there.

Another way I see believe. Is faith. If you believe in something you have faith in it also. Like for me I believe and have faith that I will wake up tomorrow and that the sun will rise. I have faith and believe in Christ. I have faith that what I learn at church is something I need to know. I have faith that I was brought here to earth for a purpose. I know that there is something after death, which I strive for. But I don’t want this to seem like a religious talk though because that is not what it is.

A belief is also a love that you have to have. If you are a person that hates what you have and hate life and don’t have love in your heart, then where does your life stand. It’s the same without a belief. If you have nothing to believe in. Then there is no purpose. For me my love is for my family and my friends so I believe in them. If I did not believe in them then how could they believe in me or know that I would be there when they need me? That’s it they couldn’t.

A firm foundation. That’s another way to put it. Because when you believe something you feel it in your heart. It is a wonderful feeling but it can also be a horrible one depending on the situation. But when you feel it in your heart it’s like a foundation. You will stand behind what ever it is to your full capability and with all of your heart.

It brings tears to my eyes when I think about all of the bad things in this world. The hunger, the suffering, the pain. For all those that go through hard times which all of us do. What gets you through it? For me it’s my belief that all will get better. That there will be a better time. Maybe it will take time but you have always got to believe that it will get better.

One of my favorite songs is “Because You Live” by Jesse McCartney. I think this song represents a belief. Maybe that’s not how he intended it to sound, but to me and maybe to others who have heard the song you know what I mean. The song talks about how he is down and is about to give up but because she lives he is able to make it through his tuff time. Some of the lyrics are…

“Because you live and breathe Because you make me believe in myself when nobody else can help Because you live, girl My world has twice as many stars in the sky” …

so sometimes we need others to pull us out of our hardest times. I don’t know what I would be right now with out the help of my friends. They have helped me through so much. They try to understand. Which gives me hope or helps me believe that I will be able to get through my situation.

I’m so grateful for the dreams and beliefs of others. With out the knowledge and spirit of those of our past. We would never be where we are today. From the generations before us. They had to have had the most faith and have the biggest hearts. In order for them to be able to take the journey to the Americas. And to those who made ways all over and discovered all of the many things they did. I believe that we would be no where near where we are today. It was all because of the beliefs of those many hundreds of thousands of people of the earliest generations that we got to where we are today.

I know that with out dreams, beliefs and faith that we will not go far. We all need to hold on to our dreams and beliefs. For with out them we have no purpose. These are just a few of my favorite quotes on believing.

“Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be”

“Believe and act as if it were impossible to fail.”

“Believe in your dreams and they may come true; believe in yourself and they will come true”

I hope for everyone to have sort of belief and to believe in something. Because without a belief we are just going through life without expectations. And we should live our life to the fullest.