this is what I believe

matthew - chaska, Minnesota
Themes: fear

Matt s3/11/08

I believe that every one over 18 should be allowed to have a weapon at all times but you can’t bring it in to places that do not allow weapons on there propriety. The reason I believe that every one should be able to carry a weapon is because you can get attacked at any time. So when I was little some one tried to break in to my house but the alarm went off and scared them away so they left.

Another scary moment that I have had in life is that one time I was working at my dad’s shop in Maple Plain it was around 9:45 at night we just closed up the shop. So me and my dad decided to out for dinner. So we went back to the shop and this guy broke in so I noticed that this guy is a danger because he has a gun. He said “give me the car keys or I’m going to shoot you.”

So my dad gave him the keys and told me to go in to the office so I did.

So this guy took the car and I called the cops and about one hour later the cops called us and told us they found the car and this suspect had a gun and two rounds of bullets he could have shot us at any time. Knowing that me and my dad were really scared we have both could have been shot and maybe even possibly even killed.

So the main reason I think that people can carry a weapon with them any time except in public building is that people can be harmed at any point in time and need a way to protect them self’s so they don’t get harmed any more then they have to. People have the right to protect them self’s.

Another close experience that I have had was that one time I was walking home from work around 9 at night and I was all alone and I had this strange feeling that someone was following me and I felt that I might be in danger I was. This strange guy all a sudden attacked me and punched me maybe if I could have been carrying a weapon like a bottle of mace maybe I could have protected myself.

So that is why I believe that every one over the age of 18 should be able to carry a weapon you never know danger might just be around to corner. So what do you think?