Trust Yourself

Ivon - Harlingen, Texas
Themes: love

“Why can’t people trust what’s in their hearts?” because there is always someone their to critique their life and how they live it.

All my life there is someone there to judge my life and how I live it even if it’s a relative, parent, or even friends they will always be there no matter what you do. It’s harder to listen to how you truly feel in your heart if there is somebody always trying to help you not make that mistake you’re about to commit. There is always somebody trying to help you not go with that special someone you truly like or you’re to scared to even try with somebody that could be good.

I’ve known this guy practically my whole life since we were in 2nd grade back at Wilson Elementary. We grew up and went to the same middle school but now we are currently in the same high school together. We have been texting for a long time but I’ve grown to like him. All my friends say I shouldn’t because he ain’t good for me and I started to believe that. I told him and he asked, “why do you like me?” We started texting again and I thought he liked me too.

“Why can’t he just say what he truly feels and stop playing these games?” because he has all his buddies that just judge and all they care about is how far you get with a girl. I believe he just needs to trust in himself and his heart. He shouldn’t be scared of what his friends or other people are going to say. It shouldn’t matter how far he got because if he really cared the standards shouldn’t matter. I shouldn’t feel pressured to live up to the standards of his previous girlfriends or what he’s done with a girl.

I strongly feel he should just tell me how he truly feels in his heart because it can be something good or it can be something bad, but we won’t know if we don’t try. He needs to follow his heart and stop listening to other people because if he is gonna make a mistake he needs to at least play it out so he can find out for himself that it was a mistake.

If he doesn’t stop playing these mind games and stop listening to what his friends think he is going to miss out on something good. He is stupid for what he is doing and he needs to find out what he wants and trust himself before he misses out on something good that is already right in front of him, but is blinded by the over shadowing thoughts of his friends.

So I believe that you should trust yourself before you take in what your friends or parents might think. Because if you don’t trust yourself or listen to your heart then maybe you might miss out on something that could be great.