Friendship

Devon - Fair Oaks, California

“Let us learn to show our friendship for a man when he is alive, and not after he is dead.” These words of F. Scott Fitzgerald emphasis the value of friendship. This I believe to be most true, that a loyal friend is more important than anything the world can offer.

Friendship binds a group together in such a way that they will always stick together no matter what. Many films have been based off of the friendship of a group of friends, but the cinema cannot accurately portray the importance of friendship. Only first hand experience can show you how important friendship is.

I have had a group of friends that have been together since elementary school. Looking back in elementary school photos you can see that we have always been together. Even now in high school we still do everything together like we did in our early childhood. No matter what we are doing we are always laughing and having a good time being in each others company. If one of the four of us is absent from the group, it feels empty and incomplete. This absence of a friend is often felt. Our group of friends can be related to the limbs of they body. If one of is missing then the whole body does not function as it should. But when everyone is there we function normally.

It is said to happen that as we age we lose our innocence and sense of childhood. But I believe that if you keep your core group of friends that you will still be able to act like a child and not worry about the responsibilities that plague your life. I believe that a group of friends can be an escape from reality and for many people that is enough to keep them going. I had a friend who became very depressed and began contemplating suicide. He tried to kill himself a number of times and was unsuccessful. What made him keep going was the fact that at the end of the day he was able to spend time with his friends. I believe that a group of friends is one of the most important aspects of life.