My weird passion

Thanh - 83713, Idaho

Each people have different beliefs for themselves, although it is ridiculous or it is good. My belief is a kind of strange, because I think ridiculous is not always bad, sometimes it is the reason make you change yourself and be happier.

As the text I liked the most, it was named “Do what you love”, I really find myself in that text. For some reason, you know, I haven’t have a choice since I was young. It is a kind of strange, isn’t it? But that’s real. My parents, actually, my mother, she likes to control me, she likes to choose the things for me, but almost what she wants me to have doesn’t match with my life at all. That is not fair! About my life, my mom want me to be a pianist, but the first time I touched the piano, I did not have any feeling for the music I would play, I just always scared of all of my teachers. Then, I told her that I don’t like piano anymore, and she was shocked and freaked out. At that time, there was only one who can understand me alot, my dad. So, I told him about my problem with piano, and I also told him about the ridiculous thing I want to do, it is graffiti art. I thought he would get mad at me, because most of people think that it is not good. But, who knows? I just want to bring graffiti out of the dark place, I just want people accept it, because I have a passion into it, and I think I can do it, but not the bad way as people used to do before. And of course, I did not show off to my mom about this weird art. I have been training and training a lot. At first, I just think that graffiti was just a thing to relax or to decorate something. And, I

Nguyen, 2

spend time for it so much, then I received nothing. My grades in school became worse, and I also become worry. I start to think about my future more. I want to be a graphic designer, and I believe that I can do it, although my mother and some people in my family said that I am not good at it. But they don’t try to understand me. They don’t try to see what I have done with decorating and make things look better. Anyway, I believe in myself. I believe that I will have a bright future, although it is ridiculous with some people. I really want to know what people think about graffiti right now. Is that a really bad stuff? Does it make things get worse? I don’t think so. Have you ever imagine that, there is a wall, just a old wall near your house or just the wall you sometimes see it when you pass it. You might feel bored with it. Suddenly, some days, you see a weird kind of art would written on it, how do you feel at that time? Let’s give graffiti a chance. Actually, graffiti is not bad, it is bad because some of the uncivilized people make it bad. It makes the ugly wall become special. It include the confidential of writers – the people who created it – just with the thought that they wanted that wall become more special. In my country, this kind of art is developing. Many teenagers love this, and beside that, many people don’t. They just think about the bad past of it, but they never looking for the future so far. They never think that teenagers now can go the right way and do the right things just to let people know the bad thing is not really bad. Thanks to graffiti, I find out my passion, and let’s start to give graffiti a little chance. I believe somebody have the same idea with me will make it better.

So, that’s all what I believe right now. I believe for myself, for my future. I believe that I can do it although it is ridiculous, but people will think the other way when they see my result I bring to. As I said, not every ridiculous thing is bad, it depends on what people can use with it, and it can bring a really good result for whom can use it for the right way.