Animal Cruelty

Aryn - Wichita, Kansas

I believe that all people should improve the treatment of animals. Animals are vital to human life and understanding humans. The treatment of animals all over the world is appalling. It is not just the treatment of them in scientific experiments and shelters, but in homes and cities everywhere. People all over the world take animals, their pets and companions, for granted and treat them poorly. This abuse and neglect of animals needs to stop. I believe that anyone who treats animals in this manner should face a similar fate. Animals cannot help themselves; they cannot get up and walk away or speak their minds to reveal their lives. They rely on humans to help them live; for humans to then abuse and neglect them is a crime. One reason I fell so strongly about this is because of a personal experience. A member of my family abused and neglected a dog. The dog was constantly beaten and was never fed or given water. Other members of my family had to witness these events occur and saw the animal’s reaction. Eventually, the dog stopped trying to move, and accepted his fate. For any person to find reason or justification in doing this is beyond my capacity to comprehend. Animals are living, breathing organisms that too deserve to be given a fair shot at life. They should be treated like we want to be treated. The horrible treatment of animals in homes must be stopped and innocent animals must be protected in the future. This abuse and neglect of animals is not only occurring in homes, but in shelters and businesses also. This is perhaps, so disturbing to me, because I have a dog. For anyone to intentionally cause a dog a slow painful death is vile. In shelters around the world, animals are neglected and in some cases, abused. Dogs are beaten for barking and animals are not given food or water for days. Animals are kept in horrible living conditions and are treated like vermin. This treatment of animals has to stop now and be prevented in the future.