Ephesians 4:29

Hanna - Dewey, Oklahoma

Hanna S

5th Hour

Mrs. Dossett

Words: 387

Ephesians 4:29

“Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouth, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that may benefit those who listen.”

Ephesians 4:29

In today’s society, gossip and foul language is what makes our mouths run. Kids, teens, adults, men and women, young and old, are all affected by this. But why is it that everybody had something to say about everybody else?

The other day I caught myself about to say something that I myself knew I would not want said about me. Right then I stopped and thought about this verse from Ephesians. If I do not want nasty things said about me, why would I say something mean about someone else?

Life is like driving a car. You as the driver, get to decide which road of life you want to take. As you’re on this road of life, people are going to pass you, you yourself are going to pass some people, sometimes people will follow you, but other times you will be on this road of life alone. This is when the driver has to make a decision. Do they want to follow the road their friends are taking; or do they want to take a higher road, the one God intended for them to take?

Life is all about making decisions. Those decisions include whether of not you want to join in gossiping about other people.

God intended for me, along with everyone else to love their enemies, and the people around them.

The words that come out of my mouth today, may affect someone for the rest of their life. The words that come out of my mouth tomorrow, may get around the whole school. The words that come out of my mouth next week, may hurt someone really bad. Or the words that come out of my mouth the rest of my life could put a smile on someone’s face.

Its up to my how my words affect people, how my words make another feel, how much another laughs that day, and how a person thinks of me.

My relationship with Christ is stronger that gossip; and by living by this bible verse, I can change how someone feels about themselves.