The little things in life that make a difference

Stephanie - Lakeisde, California

Think about your first day of high school you were so scared and nervous, because you were now going to school with older and meaner kids. You thought that they would make fun of you, tease you, and do mean things to you because you were the new kids at school. Well my first day went totally different. My mom dropped me off at school, so I got out of the car said goodbye and left scared to death. As I was walking up to the main part of the campus to meet my friends there was the whole A.S.B. class and the entire cheer squad yelling and cheering for you as you walked into the school. That made my whole day and it made me feel welcomed and wanted the exact opposite of what I thought my first day was going to be like.

Have you ever gotten into a really big fight with someone that you care about your mom, dad, boyfriend or girlfriend and one of your friends happens to see that something was wrong with you. So they worked it out of you what was wrong. When you starting talking about the fight with them it made you feel a lot better and could even cheer you up. Then they helped you solve your problems or helped you as much as they can.

There are always kids at schools that don’t feel like they fit in very well with anyone. Just think if you just walked by where that kid sat at lunch and smiled and said “hello” or even stopped and carried on a conversation with that person. You would make that kid feel a lot better about himself and even make that persons day.

Another example of this is when you are in class and the teacher is talking about a book or poem, and you start talking about the meaning or point. Some teacher’s words can really have an impact on your day or life.

Have you ever had someone tell you a story about some event that happened in their life that had a major effect on them? How about a life threatening car accident or something and their conversation meant a lot to you because it made you see your life from a whole different view and made you take your life for granted.

I believe that the little things in life make a difference.

So when you are walking around today and everyday remember that you can make or change someone’s day or life by simply just saying “hi”, carrying on conservation with someone or something as simple as a smile. Always remember you can make a difference.