You Will Always Be Who You Were Meant to Be

Ashley - Little Falls, New Jersey

No matter what happens during your lifetime from cutting your hair or someone passing away, you will always be you and no one can change that. I believe that you are who were meant to be and NO ONE can change that.

Physical changes may occur, or you may change your mind about something but in your heart you are the same person.

I may only be 14 years old but already many changes-major and minor-have occurred. Just two years ago one incident that happened to me occurred when another student sexual harassed me. I have never been able to look him in the eye again. For several weeks that followed this act self-conscious could not concentrate on schoolwork, sports, or even a plain conversation with my friends. I thought I would never be the same. Then one of my teachers told me to forget about it, and if the student ever looked at me the wrong way I should punch him. I know, not the greatest advice a teacher should give but it actually helped me. The next day I continued my life the way it was before the student ever spoke to me. I was the person that I was meant to be and not even he could changed that.

Another example of no one EVER changing who you are is when you hang out with your friends. NEVER let your friends change you. Be who YOU want to be and not who otherswant to see. We all understand that you may put on an act, but we also know that you are still you on the inside and you still believe in what you always did. Don’t ever change to “fit in” because then it is not the real you that others are seeing. You are who you were meant to be and no one can change that.

In conclusion, be who you were born to be and do not let anyone change that. If you do not know who you are yet, then stop looking and just do what your heart tells you to do. This is what I believe.