I Believe I’m Loved

Megan - Tulsa, Oklahoma
Themes: Christianity

I believe in love. I believe that I’m loved. I can honestly say that everyone in this world loves someone or something. Just like Christ laid down His life for me, true love can be demonstrated in much the same way. It will not always require giving my life. However, it may require giving up a special event, routine, or way of living in order to please the one you love.

As a child growing up, I was full of mischief. I somehow managed to get my younger siblings in trouble. You know, concocting new ideas and schemes to give them some character building lessons with my mom. However, my smart mom really did have eyes in the back of her head; she knew that I was devising the conspiracies. Just one of the many times I got my younger siblings and I into trouble was whenever they were about three and four, leaving me at the glorious age of six. We had been watching ice skating the day before on TV and I was very determined that my younger siblings and I were going to ice skate with or without the ice. Our ice skating rink consisted of a linoleum floor and about half a gallon of dish soap. Can you imagine the mess that made, the horrified look on my mothers face, and the amount of fun we had? Even at the age of six I knew that that was something I shouldn’t do. By getting into so much trouble, I had to consult the older siblings on the “best way” to keep from getting into trouble. Despite their great advice, it usually backfired and got me into more trouble.

One evening while my family was attending a revival at church, the pastor spoke on Matthew 5, and went through all the blessings of keeping God’s laws. I was quite curious about being blessed by God, so with my mom’s help; I was shown the way to salvation. I soon confessed with my mouth that Jesus is Lord, and I believed with my whole heart that God raised Him from the dead that I would be saved

From then until now, I cannot say I didn’t get into trouble, but my parents saw a drastic change. Through my parent’s wise counsel and the great examples of my older siblings, I learned to listen to God and to rely on Him. Because of His love, I can have eternal life.

At a stage in my life I couldn’t even begin to imagine the importance of those words, that someone could love me so much that they would give up something so precious to them. At a young age I finally did make that realization that Christ adored, was devoted to, and loved me endless. I wish I could say that I could love endlessly, that no matter what someone did to me that I would be able to forgive and love them even through my anger. I believe I’m loved unconditionally.