I believe that any form of art is an important virtue in life

Elizabeth - Little Falls, New Jersey

Since I have been in Fourth grade I have been in band. I love to paint and draw too, even act. I’ve loved art music and drama since I was little and it has been a part of my life ever since. All three mean a lot to me. I accept life for what it is when I’m drawing or listening to music.

With music, it all started when I was 6 years old and my mom’s Cher tapes. One time she was singing and I started singing along. I loved one song especially, If I Could Turn Back Time. Well it actually started when I was playing with a tape recorder and her old tapes. After that experience I listened to music more often.

Art, on the other hand, started when I was about 2 or 3 and could hold a pencil. I loved modeling clay and finger-paints, even the jumbo crayons. I’ve been drawing since ever since I was very little. Whenever I draw it seems like a ton of weight is lifted off my shoulders. I now constantly sketch and draw.

Drama wasn’t really my thing when I was little, even though I was in a play when I was younger. In West Milford when I went to a school called Westbrook we had plays every year. When I was there I played Tina Ballerina the tight rope walker in our circus play. Although I was a little shy I ended up doing it anyway. I continue to do some kind of drama now.

I know it seems like I’m obsessed to others but really as I’ve done band and my other activities I excel. Being involved really helps your grade. I think all three are great because I’ve been around them most of my life. My sisters, my dad, my mom and my brother all have done band and I’ve really grown to like it. I’ve done really well because of it too. In the end, I believe that any form of art is an important virtue in life.