I Belive in Miracles

Melissa - Little Falls, New Jersey

I believe that miracles really do happen. Miracles happen all the time. Things like people recovering from an illness and babies being born are all examples of miracles. I myself have experienced miracles in my life.

One miracle that I have experienced happened within my sister. She was born with low muscle tone. Doctors told us that she probably wouldn’t

live that long, and that even if she did, she would have to wear leg braces and wouldn’t be able to walk on her own. My mom and I would pray every day for her to get better and, over time she did. Now, almost eight years later, she can walk fine, she takes dance classes, and can run around and play with her friends. She is even one of the fastest runners in her class. That is truly a miracle.

Two more miracles that happened were within my cat. The first one happened before I was born. My cat developed cancer in seventeen spots on her body. The veterinarian gave her a week, at most, to live. He offered to put her to sleep but my mom refused to give up hope. Just like with my sister she would pray every night for her to recover. After a week she was still alive, so my parents brought her back to the vet. Miraculously, without my cat being given and medication or treatment, the cancer was totally gone.

The next time we saw a miracle in my cat was about two years ago. She was sixteen years old, and because of old age, she started going into kidney failure. Within a few months, she was supposed to die. The veterinarian gave us one last choice. The said that we could give her an IV drip everyday and she might live a little longer. My dad gave her the IV every day and she lived a whole year more than she was supposed to. Sadly, she died last year at age seventeen, but my family and I know that she was a true gift to us from god, showing us that miracles exist.

I believe that, as long as you have faith and you never give up hope, you can receive a miracle. My sister and my cat were living proof of that. Miracles really do happen. This, I believe.