I Believe in Family

Louis - Jesup, Iowa

I believe we need strong families. I believe strong families should hang out as a family, and do things together as a family. Families should not leave one person out when they are doing things together.

I believe families should always be fair to each other. One family member should not be treated with more respect than another member. You should like each of the family members equally because they are all part of the family. No one family member should get special treatment.

In the past families did more things together. Now individual members of a family do things on their own. Each individual is so busy coming and going with their own life, they are not putting time into family activities.

Families help and support each other. Families help each other by getting them through tough times. A family member is always there for you whether you need help with school, or work. They help you when you are feeling down like when someone passes away or troubles in a relationship. Families also are there to help you celebrate joyful things like a new birth in the family or a marriage. They also help you move when you are ready to get out of the house.

As a member of a family it is my responsibility to respect and care for the other family members. I may need to help them with household chores, or lawn care. I need to be there for family members when they need someone to talk to. I can’t always solve their problems, but I can listen.

I believe a family member should be able to keep private topics within the family. These are the people you can trust.

You get to choose your friends, but you don’t get to choose your family. Friends can always desert you during tough times like when you need someone to talk to. People in your family are always going to be your family. No matter what happens, they are always going to be there for you. They can’t choose to not be part of your family.

I believe if families stay together, are always there for each other, and can be counted upon, then life becomes a lot easier for each of them.