i believe in a second chance

Cameron - Norfolk, Nebraska

I believe in a second chance. i have always been one to pick things up at a slightly slower pace, but i don’t mind. this makes things more interesting. it keeps me on my toes, and i believe, it makes the world more interesting when it comes to you at an off pace. My second chance was given to me by a judge when i was 23. I am an alcoholic, and was arrested on four occasions for driving under the influence, the judge gave me five years in prison. While in prison, my case worker decided the best route for me to take would be to go to treatment. After three weeks in treatment, i was given a reconsideration hearing with the judge that put me in prison. the judge gave me a second chance, plus two years probation and a big fine. A year later, i was asking to get off of probation, i had everything done, and hadn’t messed up once. in high school, i graduated 85th out of 85 people. I also tried college before, but quit deciding maybe i wasn’t for me. I decided to try it again. Now i am in my second year of college. A second chance at college and this time around something is clicking, my lowest grade has been a B and last semester i finished 17 hours with a 4.0. I also plans on getting my masters’ degree in psychology. I have never been very good in relationships, usually getting over jealous and ruining everything in the first six months, well, i started seeing a girl after i got back home, and asked her to marry me this last christmas (she said yes). none of this would of been possible without a second chance. I believe that if we stop giving people second chances, we will lose our ability to be surprised at the endurance of the human spirit, that there will be no one cheering for the underdog. My second chance at life has given me many chances to do some things for the first chance in my life, to get some things right the first time, though always remember that sometimes it takes a second chance