Money Does Not Equal Happiness

Brandon - Bartlesville, Oklahoma

Money Does Not Equal Happiness

A man by the name of Richard Freidman once said, “Money can buy you a fine dog, but only love can make it wag its’ tail.” Many people are blinded from the important aspects of life by their lust for wealth and money. They become so focused on money that it pushes away the people they care for and the passions that they love

I believe that people should love the assets that they already have, care for the people that are important to them, and not be insatiable. Because money doesn’t buy happiness, it just complicates it. Because people will always want the bigger and better obsession. Because they will never be satisfied with what they already have.

My happiness doesn’t come from the belongings I have, or the house that I live in. It emerges from the people who I love, and the interests that I enjoy. I strive to be with those people as much as I can, and try to spend time on those hobbies whenever I can. Therefore I can benefit from myself, and be content.

We need to find a sense of inner happiness within ourselves. A proverb claimed that, “If you want to feel rich, just count the things you have that money can’t buy.” I think it is very true, and that is how we can find our own happiness. Although in our society money is necessary for our survival, it should not govern your own happiness and determine your character or who you are. This I believe.