The Lord Giveth and the Lord Taketh away.

Caleb - Bartlesville, Oklahoma

This I believe

The Bible says “The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away.” This message has stayed with me for my whole life. It has taught me to live life to the fullest and enjoy loved ones while you can.

The Lord gave me a grandpa to which I hardly knew being that I was only four years old when he passed away. My grandpa was a man of military who had spent years in the Navy. I started becoming more and more fond of him creating another family bond that could have been extraordinary, but he was murdered. The Lord took away.

The Lord gave me a grandma (on the other side of the family) who was like a second mom to me. She was quite the cook who could be a stay at home mom or grandma, but instead she worked at Boeing while my grandpa was a biology teacher. She would always treat me with presents and surprises every time she saw me. When I was just six years old doctors found out that she had lung cancer and she wouldn’t live long. It was almost time for fifth grade and I got news that my grandma had passed away. The Lord took away.

The Lord gave me an aunt who was as nice as could be. I can remember the family reunions and games where she would attend. She was probably the loneliest soul out there. Just recently she died in a very tragic fire. The ironic thing is my grandpa went to see her two hours before the fire started at 4:02, and I can remember watching T.V. and looking at the time which said 4:02 and I got a weird feeling like something just happened. The Lord took away.

The Lord has definitely given to me and taken from me in the past. I guess I have to learn that bad things are going to happen and that I have to overcome them and get used to them.