Fate Can be Changed

Alex - Louisville, Kentucky

I believe fate is comprised of a little of luck and a little of your choices. Your actions can definitely change your fate. One example would be the use of drugs. This choice could put you in jail or strain your relationship with friends and family. Another choice would be to work hard and get where you want in life. A good work ethic is the building block for any major success in life.

Luck also has a part in deciding your fate. If you were unlucky enough to get robbed, your house burned down, or you contracted a serious disease, you would be completely miserable. If you were able to win the lottery, then you would have all the money you would ever need. But again, choosing how to spend this money can decide if you waste it all or save the money and invest it.

I have made both good and bad choices and have had my share of lucky and unlucky occurrences. One good choice I made was to enroll at my current high school, St. Xavier. It is the best school in town and one of the best athletic schools in the country. I have made many bad decisions, but none too serious.

Luck has also been a factor in my life experiences. It was lucky I was chosen for a scholarship to St. Xavier. I was also lucky in the fact most of my classmates are very funny and like to have fun, and all my teachers also like to have a good time. I am unlucky enough to have a sister, but only sometimes does she really annoy me. I am unlucky enough not to have won the lottery already or have won a foreign vacation for free. I always try to keep my head up when luck turns against me, and I always come out on top anyway.

Fate is more than just what life throws at you; it is making the right decisions to keep you on track to reaching your life goal. So next time you are faced with a choice, big or small, just remember that you can change your fate by listening to your conscience and choosing the right option.