This I beleive

April - Jesup, Iowa

I believe that if you are there for others and help when in times of need they will always be there to return the favor.

I have been through a lot of rough patches growing up and it has been tough. If it wasn’t for the ones I love I wouldn’t have been able to make it through and be the person I am today.

Growing up my neighbors, the Merkels’ were there when my parents got divorced. My mom had to go back to work, and living in the country was a challenge when it came to doctor appointments and after school activities for me and my two siblings. The Merkel’s were always there to take us places and when my mom would have car trouble they were the first to loan us theirs, knowing a single parent needed to get to work.

Now that I have grown older I have come to rely on many people, when my friend’s husband had surgery I was there for her to stay with her kids, and help out. And I always know that she is there for me. I know that if I have problems or lock my keys in my car, which can happen often, I can rely on Jesse. Greg is another person who I care about very much, he is always there for me through any thing. I can trust him with anything and he understands me 100%. They are two guys that I know will always be there for me.

You never know when you may need someone’s help you should always try to help those you love. I have the Merkel’s to thank for this valuable quality which I now believe in.