Stress brings out the best of your talents

Mychal - Kansas City, Kansas

You can’t really show your talents until you overcome your stress. When dealing with stress you should choose positive over negative. Stress brings out the best of your talents believe that stress brought out my singing talent. I was around eight or nine when I started singing. When I was mad or just didn’t want to be bothered I would just play around and sing. No one else would be in the room-just me. I would feel better after I would sing, and I went back to playing with everybody else.

My mom and my grandma were the reason I never stopped singing. It started with my mom asking did I want to join the church choir. I joined when I saw my brothers join in. I don’t remember when it was, but I quit the choir because I didn’t want to do it anymore. I kept singing even though I wasn’t in the choir. My grandma was another reason I didn’t stop singing. When we would go over her house, she would make us sing for her, and judge us on who she thought was the best. My grandma was always nice, so she wouldn’t say we lost she would tell us what to improve on. If it wasn’t for my mom and grandma, would not be singing I would just be doing whatever I felt like doing while I was stressed.

I feel good about my future. If I continue to sing whether I’m stressed or not it would be a good thing for me if I pursued a career in singing. Singing does shape how I think about the future a little, but I don’t think it’s enough to make me want to pursue a career in singing. I don’t think I will have to worry about fears unless I pursue a career in singing. The fear won’t make me stop singing I will just think back to when I was in my room. Until the day I pursue my career in singing I will just live my life the way I want to.