Stand UP For What You Believe In

Dylan - Bartlesville, Oklahoma

“I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal.” These are the famous words of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.. He stood up for what he believed. He believed that blacks deserved just as many rights as any other person. I agree with his idea that we should stand up and fight until justice is served on a golden platter.

If we stand up for what we believe we can change the world. Most people have a religious belief. If enough people stand up for their belief that Jesus died for their sins and is the son of God, that they can change the world. You don’t have to be a popular or outgoing person to stand up for what you believe. One person can spark many to stand up for what they believe. My parents stood up for what they believe and taught me that Jesus is my savior, if they had not done that I may not be the same person that I am today.

If we stand up for what we believe we can inspire others. The most amazing example of this was when Jesus died on the cross. He did not have to die for us, but he chose to give his life because he knew it was the will of the father for him to die so that we may live. This inspired so many people including myself to do what we believe by serving him.

If we stand up for what we believe it can make us more courageous. We become more courageous because we realize we have the ability to do what we have done before. If you struggle to do or not to do something and you repeatedly fail at it you may get down, but when you finally get through you realize that you could do it all along. The next time you don’t struggle as much because you know the sun will shine through eventually, because that is what you believe.

People may have a different opinion than me. But I will always stand up for what I believe in. I will use no harsh words or use any violence because none of that is necessary. You may not always get things the way you want it to be, but you can be courageous and try to do what no one else thinks is possible. Who knows, you may be the next to stat a worldwide movement. This I believe.