A missing Piece I Found

Pie - USA

I always thought my life was complete. I had straight A’s, a house to live in, food to eat, and loving parents. Everything I thought I needed was there for me. But deep down inside I always felt like I was missing something; a spark, a motivation, the missing piece to my puzzle of life.

So I started thinking, when has my life ever been more complete? Whenever I’m in the water, I feel as if life is most sacred. All my problems and worries wash off me as I glide through the water. I feel like nothing else exists and the only thing that matters is the connection I have with the water. So that year I mustered up the courage to go out of my routine norm and be part of the school team. When I got into the water every morning, I would instantly feel that individual connection and security I was missing. In a sense, I also felt complete because I was part of something and what I did actually mattered. I had never felt anything like this before and if I had not gone out for the team, I would never have known this feeling existed.

At the end of the semester, I ended up with a 3.85 GPA (2 B’s and 6 A’s). I do not regret my decisions to join the team because I feel that what I gained during that swimming season is more rewarding than a 4.0. I have come to believe that life is never complete. There are always ways to improve it and all you have to do is take the chance and try. Life holds so many possibilities and it is never over until you are dead, so keep living it.