joseph - las vegas, Nevada

I firmly believe in education. That it is the most important thing, next to religion, that I can have. Education will take me wherever I want to go. Even to the places that are said to be impossible. However, I did not always believe that.

When I was little, all I understood was that the school was just the burden or just a place to go. It did not occur to me that these people were helping. My parents knew best, as they often do. and, took me every day. even when I was kicking and screaming. However, when I had reached third grade our family made an important decision. We decided to start home schooling,

It was a wonderful decision to make. I started to take an interest in my schooling for obvious reasons. It was not until I was home school that I realized that education was important, that without a good education you can go nowhere. However, with an education I can clearly see how doors would open up for other opportunities. We planned field trips to learn about history. rather than reading from a book, we took cross-country trips to visit the places in history to learn about them. We started to plan and test science experiments to learn how the world worked and we visited museums. At that time, I learned to like to read. Something I hated most while I was in school, now I love to read even if I do not get as many chances to.

I also learned to like math. Which I did not like for the sole reason that I could not do it very well.

when I reached high school, my mom did not feel she had the education to teach that. so, I went to centennial high school. I did not do too well at first. However, with the help of my parents and family, and the help of some very good teachers I did much better. In my junior year I transferred to community college high school now known as college of southern Nevada high school where I learned more about the importance of education

There I met you more teachers that would help me along the way and as well as doing much better in high school, I became part of the first generation of college students in my family

I have learned to love through this whole experience that education is indeed something, that I believe can be enjoyable ,and is essential. And with enough education, I can be whatever I want. I at this time plan to be a computer technician but I also have made plans to continue taking college classes even after I have my degree and hopefully I will never run out of time to continue learning.