HAROLD - SOUTHAMPTON, New York
Age Group: 65+

I HAVE BEEN FORTUNATE, FOR IN THE 81 YEARS THAT I HAVE ENJOYED THE BOUNTIES LIFE HAS TO OFFER I AM ALSO COMFORTABLE IN MY SKIN.

OH REST ASSURED THAT IT WASN’T ALWAYS THAT WAY FOR AS YOU AND I KNOW THE CHALLENGES OF LIFE CAN TEST THE MOST STALWORTH OF INDIVIDUALS. A PHYLOSOPHY WHICH HAS SERVED ME WELL IN ACHIEVING THIS MAY BE HELPFULL TO YOU.

There are those who focus on aging and then adapt a regimen of life to help their bodies withstand the ravages of time.

I don’t disparage these attempts for certainly I believe in helping my body by fortifying it with nutrients for both physical and mental frailties.

I believe that the body talks to us and if we monitor it carefully we can benefit from what it tells us.

A daily positive attitude is a natural nutrient that can enhance the performance of vitamins.

Laughter is one of the most effective de oxidants and we can dispense it at any time.

A sense of humor is indispensable for harboring against depression. The only time a sense of humor can be counterproductive is when the humor is not mutually enjoyed by others.

To day dream and fantasize can lead to creative thoughts .Creativity is meaningless unless we have the determination to bring it to action.

Failure is the fuel for success and success is the result of determination and enthusiasm.

Exercise. Enjoy whatever appeals to you whether it be indoor or outdoor. Do it with regularity as often as you can with passion and preferably with some one you love or enjoy doing it with.

Learn to cope with pain and adversity for they are essential to the healing process.

Indulge in a little spirit every day whether it be liquid or some other form.

Do unto others as you would have others do unto you and if they fail to cooperate do it anyway.

If it’s a cause worth fighting for do it whether it brings a monetary reward or not.

Whatever your goals are make sure you have peace of mind in achieving them.

Enjoy the sanctity of nature and when enjoying , make certain it remains in tact for future enjoyment.

The survival of the species is that which is able to adjust to change.

Whatever our limitations are they can be over come by our spirit.

Success is a nebulous term for the level of achievement is determined by the individual.

Crying and laughing are the cleansing creams of life.

The line between love and hate is a thin one.

I should have and I could have ,are expressions used too much and I’m sorry too little.

Forgiving and forgetting go well together as do love and giving

The expression it doesn’t get better than this ,can be a satiation to some and a stimulation for others.

The greatest source of power is not the atom but the brain .

To find an enduring love and a mate in early youth is a matter of luck. But to find an old broad in latter life to become your soul mate is a treasure.