Punishment

zachary - kansas city, Kansas

Punishment

My belief is that some people; in time have become too conservative. Through time people have dropped their views on punishment for crime; to have a more of an optimistic view on life. Back in the 1400’s to the late 1800’s, and maybe even further back people knew how to punish others. Now the law has become inadequate to the thoughts and actions of the people of today’s world.

From time to time there are a few who are actually punished adequately, but it’s mostly only when the media that influences the punishment. For if the media didn’t air things about crimes and such then there would be no public outcry to have them punished to the full existent. The people of the public know when others need to be punished, but it’s not only them that need punishment. It’s everyone who commits a act of hatred, drinking and driving, obtaining and possessing a controlled substance, and having illegal firearms and/or a deadly weapon.

In the case of Saddam Hussein, the American troops caught him and handed him over to the Iraqi officials to let the people he killed, kill him. One year later they hung him, by his request ”privet hanging”. Even though someone recorded it and sent it out, but he was hung for that as well. That was a display of understandable punishment.

Hussein committed genocide on the people of Iraq. Killing thousands. They did not go wrong by killing him for it. Every state and country should use the death penalty. It may or may not have an effect on the crime rate, but it would get rid of a lot of evil people. That way they couldn’t get out of jail later on and kill once again.

If we lived in the Egyptian times, if you were caught stealing your hand was taken. Committing adultery death, and killing someone you were killed as well. Back in the 1400’s there would have pretty much done the same thing, but maybe made you sit in jail for the rest of your life for stealing. 1500-1800’s they had gunfights and such if you were accused of something you didn’t want to confess to. Some of the punishments are not completely justified, but most of them are justifiable to me.

People need to realize what is going to change the crime rate. It’s not giving people five or six times to commit a crime. They need to be punished first time they commit a crime, to the fullest existent. I believe we need to punish people a lot more harshly then ever.