Ambition Brings Success

Devin Bazick - Wesley Chapel, Florida

Over the short span of my sixteen years of living, I have come to the conclusion that the motivation of a person is what ultimately contributes to their success. This of course may seem all too simple to realize but it is this realization that has allowed me to create a set of living standards to which I abide by everyday. It may be difficult to believe that a teenage girl would have a set of guidelines to live by, considering most teenage girls are the epitome of drama and unresolved priorities, however it is unfair to categorize every girl between the ages of eleven and twenty as such. No, I am not like them, I have found my recipe for life and I intend on living by it. My rule for living a successful life is simple; be ambitious and compassionate in all you do and you can do anything. I have proven my philosophy on numerous occasions so I can surely say that it is not a blank statement.

While growing up my parents made sure that I was exposed to numerous interests so that I could grow up to become a well rounded person. When I was six my dad decided that it would be a good idea that his little girls, my two sisters and I, take karate to learn self defense and build self esteem. Long after my sisters quit I am still at karate. It has become a part of me to which I cannot duplicate by any other means than attending class and teaching what I know. Ambition has carried me along all of these years and through the toughest moments of my training. After I was diagnosed with asthma when I was fourteen I had difficulty performing at my usual limits, but now that I training for my second degree for my black belt I have put aside my physical problems and have mentally prepared myself that the only way I can earn my degree is if I am determined. I had to do the same preparations when I was ten and I had to lift weights and run almost everyday in order to be in shape for my black belt test.

My life is not laid back and simple. I have after school activities and volunteering everyday and I love every minute of it. I grew up doing my homework in the car on the way to various activities, such as girl scouts and gymnastics to name a few, all so that I could do what I love. Ambition is what drives my life on auto pilot while in the fast lane. It irks me when a person complains about something they desperately want but they “can’t” do. The word “can’t” is a pathetic excuse for the feeble minded. If you want something so bad just do it! Do not sit idly by while the rest of the world watches you fail, prove the world wrong!