I Believe In Strength

Julia - Wilson, Wyoming

I have moved seven times in the past seven years, and twelve times in the fourteen years I have lived. While in fifth grade, one of my friends killed himself. When my father got married for three months, I had to say good-bye to my lifelong friend, my dog Arthur. My nana has owned her house in one of my favorite places for sixteen years, and now she’s selling it. When I was six, the stock market crashed and my mom and I lost almost everything. My mother got married and moved out to Jackson Hole when I was twelve. I am Julia J, I believe in strength. I am strong from those things, yet I need to be strong because of those things. There are quite a few ways someone can become strong, I would I like to think that I have strength.

Being a little kid can come with some things to watch out for, at least it did for me. I have grown to tell myself not to believe in promises anymore. When I was that little kid, I heard and was convinced by the so many promises made. Maybe, possibly, probably not, even a few came true. Because of that, there have been some dreams crushed right before my eyes. I shouldn’t have needed to, but I did need to be strong. And I was forced to obtain that strength.

There was a point in my life where I realized I wouldn’t always get what I want, but what about wanting, needing, desiring something so bad you can’t have. And what if those desires, wants, and needs, weren’t something that you have any control over? Even today there are things I want, but I know how to make my own decision telling myself I don’t need them. When I was a child, and I couldn’t achieve my goals, hopes, or dreams because it was affected by another person’s decision that’s when I had to figure out how to be the only person affecting my life, along with the support of my family.

When I was a little girl, there were quite a few things I wouldn’t accept, and some things I still won’t. But the hardest part is accepting things you shouldn’t have to. On my own, I have realized what things I should and shouldn’t hear, and what I need and need not accept. With most things, I don’t know if they are something that should be accepted or denied because I know they’re too true.

There have been a lot of things in my life that have taught me and forced me to be strong. I realized I would need to become strong to stay healthy and live my life the way I want. I have chosen how to be strong, and will continue to. I believe in strength.