Existential Evanescence

Jacob - Wichita, Kansas

Dreaming of distant days of dawning rays of a morning that comes every night, I dream these rays even when the day has already dawned upon the world. This dream — imagine it — the possibility of the future existence of human kind. The dream remains evanescence unless someone can envision it as reality. Presently, I see no dreams, only thoughts. We have the ability to transmute these dark materials into a new age. I believe our dreams contain more than a few keys to who we are.

Transdimensional vortices transport a being of a power so great that the world around him bends to his very presence. His thoughts exist as world around him. This being sleeps in every mind, waiting to awaken. Long before I discovered the land of subconscious, I lived in light. As a child, everything called to me with intrigue and adventure. Books, television shows, and eventually the almighty Internet fed an imagination until it produced visions greater and deeper than reality itself. This imagination proved to cause difficulty, however, when the imagination began to become a part of me, causing my mind to wander at every given opportunity. This became problematic when I eventually couldn’t even understand myself. Luckily I could take shelter in the world of dreams. At night, my imagination became reality, and I lived with greater presence than I did in this world. Eventually, I learned through the Internet that there were others who had the same experiences as I. Then I learned about psychology and the human mind. I applied these theories to myself, and began to experiment with the limits of my dreams. And in the mind, only you can limit yourself. I discovered there were certain things I could do to awaken myself during sleep, even at specific times. I could set the amount of time I would sleep by using certain objects as key thoughts to activate those brain functions. This was also useful when I knew I needed to prepare for a test, since I would set my mind to review blue thoughts while I slept. Most thoughts I label by color so that I may access them when my sub-conscious mind takes over. I also learned how to recover lost memories of youth by repeating past phrases and reproducing the emotions felt during that time before sleeping. The most useful technique I put into use gave me stories. The green setting allowed my creative mind to simply combine random memories and emotions to make the most interesting story, and I used a memory technique to recall it in the morning. Analyzing these stories allowed me to trace every aspect of the dream back to hidden problems in my character, life, and relationships. I was even able to interpret the kind of girl guys like from what colors appear most in their dreams. While trying to live for others and not fall too deeply into things, I had a hard time defining my purpose. I looked into my dreams, and traced action-related thoughts back to a joy produced from speaking and creating, so I may become a teacher or writer once I retire. As the mind grows older, the connections between the sub-conscious and conscious mind deteriorate. Because of this, and that darn society, countless adults lose the ability to dream entirely.

Running through that field of clouds night after night might mean more than too much ice cream. If one wishes to conquer the world, one must first conquer oneself. Learn what your sub-conscious truly desires, and you just might enjoy life exponentially more than before. I believe we have the keys to open any door, but first we must open the door that doesn’t exist, yet reveals everything: the door of dreams.