Happiness is a choice

Tyler - Clio, Michigan

This I believe… happiness is a choice.

HAPPINESS IS A CHOICE. THIS IS A BELIEF THAT WITH THE HELP OF OTHERS, ONLY TOOK ME FOURTEEN YEARS TO FORM! I mean you should try it. Just close your eyes, smile, ignore everything around you, think happy thoughts, & go to your happy place. Oh, wait that’s called denial. Well, let’s try this again. Okay, ready? Here we go! just smile, and think about all the good things in your life, your family, friends, color television, and let’s not forget pizza. Or maybe some of you still have black and white TV. doesn’t matter. Well, I guess I’m getting off topic a little. Anyway, yeah, just think about how easy and blessed our life is. I mean if you don’t believe me when I say our life is so much easier than that of our parents, and grandparents, then consider the following: 1. Do you complain when you have to take the trash out 20ft. to the road? 2. Do you complain when you have to put the dishes in the dishwasher? I mean 60 years ago you were the dishwasher. Oh , and taking the trash out to the road? Ha! You probably had to bury it. These people had to do way more work than us, and yet they were happy. Why? Because they understood that happiness was a choice, not a byproduct of being rich, or playing games, but something that you choose. No one can make you happy, likewise no one can make you mad. Sure they can help you feel mad, or glad, but ultimately the choice is yours. Hmmm. Choose to be happy, and your day will be more interesting, less boring, you will be less grumpy, and more energetic, not to mention your good mood will help put others in a good mood, or you could choose to be mad, unhappy, more irritable, grumpy, grouchy, bored, and help make others miserable. I know, I know, it’s a tough choice. But hey, when you make your decision give me a call. Oh, and as far as I’m concerned, I’ve already made my choice. I’ll take happiness over miserableness (I think that’s a word) any time. Well, by now your either thinking wow, this guy’s right, I should listen to him more. Or your thinking wow this guy’s a total whack job. I wish I had a tomato to throw at him. All the while, I’m thinking wow, I hope I get a good grade on this. You see, we can think different things because we all have something called free agency. But I’ll save that lecture for my next essay. Come on, it’s easy to be happy once you think about all the good things in life. All the things you and I take for granted. I mean no matter how you look at it, life’s good, and we should learn to enjoy it while it lasts. Sooo, just remember to choose to be happy. Trust me, your life will be the better for it.