Friends Keep Me Going

Andrew - Wichita, Kansas

Friends Keep Me Going

Friends keep me going. Whenever I feel sad or any other bad feeling, who’s there to make me feel better? My friends. I don’t always have to be down for my friends and me to have a good time, but when I need them, they’re there.

My friends and I have the most fun of any one group of people I know. It doesn’t matter what we are doing at the time, but we make the best of it. Whether it be because of the infinite amount of inside jokes we have, or just doing random things to lighten things up.

From middle school, I remember much, but I can remember a friendly fued I had with a friend. Nothing bad or ill-mannered, but just for fun. There was this drink I had left in my locker for a little bit too long in 8th grade, and put trash in it before I left it in there, so you can already imagine that it was disgusting. My friend said something to me, jokingly, that made me laugh, but came out of nowhere, so I had to retaliate. I knew his locker combination, so I decided to leave a trap in his locker. I opened the bottle, tilted it a little bit in his locker, closed it, then waited until after school when he went to his locker. This plan somewhat worked but it only got on his shoes, which wasn’t a big deal because he didn’t like those shoes anymore. Later that day was a track meet and I was in the locker room, and in he walks with the bottle and proceeds to pour it all over my backpack. That was alright because I knew I would get him back. On the bus, I had some lotion and secretly put some on his head. He didn’t notice for at least five minutes, in which everybody was laughing at his face, and he had no idea what was going on. We called a truce and continued on with our lives.

The point of this story is that I don’t remember much about middle school, but my friend made middle school something to remember. Also, this friend is one of my best friends today. He’s not the only friend who leaves a memory in my brain, but since I’ve known him the longest, we still hang out and have a lot of fun together. Of all the things in this world, friends are the best, without them, I don’t know how boring life would be.