L’Avenir Sera Super

Alex - Wichita, Kansas

The times recently have been tough. Everywhere I look, I see reports of violence, hate crimes, dictatorships, global warming, AIDS, et cetera. Suicide rates have risen drastically in recent years, and one could potentially see why. Our planet has become a place of mass despair, at least superficially. One must look beyond the surface, below the haze of the largely-sensationalist media, in order to find a world full of good fortune and achievement. Yes, this land does exist, as hidden as it may currently seem. An optimistic worldview is hard to find these days, but it should not be. Good news, while apparently considered by media outlets as markedly less interesting that bad news and scandals is all around. Science and medicine are constantly progressing and making new breakthroughs, more and more countries are gaining freedom and democracy, global literacy rates are on the rise, and the world as a whole is becoming more socially and globally aware of the difference that they can make. People everywhere are realizing that although their one contribution may seem insignificant, it is a contribution towards an attainable goal. This is the surest sign that the human race is improving. Individuals are banding together for the good of the world and its inhabitants, rather than individuals simply fending for themselves. The world is in luck, for the people fighting for good are making their stand, striking blows for benevolence with their hybrid cars, activism, and compassion.

So, although I fully understand the pessimists and depressed persons of the world, I encourage my fellow citizens of the planet to share in my positive outlook. It is really quite simple to do; just look for and spread good news, good deeds, and positive thinking. The world is going to be all right, and thusly, people should be fine, too. Should this new benevolism become widespread, a kinder and more peaceful society would come with it, and it would be hard to argue against peace. So if you find that you agree with this idea, start doing your part to aid in the kindness campaign! The only donation needed is whatever smiles, laughter, or good deeds you care to share with the world. Believe me, your contribution will be greatly appreciated.