My Faith is Strong

Nick - wichita, Kansas

My life was nothing without Jesus, but at that time, I did not realize it. About every other Sunday my family and I would go to church. My family would all go to the sanctuary for church than go home. I always dreaded going to church, but of course, I always ended up going. I now see that back then I was just pretending to be a Christian. I would always say my prayers without much enthusiasm and my prayers seemed to lack meaning. I, also, realize that I was praying for the wrong things. I always used to pray for my basketball team to win or to get a 100% on my next history test. Now I understand that I should pray for things such as: “I hope that no one on my basketball team will be injured in the next game” or “Dear God, please give me the strength and the knowledge to perform to the best of my ability on the next test.” This becomes relevant in Luke 11: 2-3 “He said, “This is how you should pray: ‘Father, may your name be honored. May your Kingdom come soon. Give us our food day by day. And forgive us our sins.’” This verse started to lead me down the path to Christianity.

My life has changed dramatically since believing in Jesus. I now know, in my mind, that God is with me wherever I go and I am protected by Him forever. I now take pride and enjoy learning more about God and I try to talk to Him as much as I can. He helps me get through every good and bad day and in the end, his love for me eclipses anything else that is bad in my life. Each day, I am always eager to spread His word. I have grown to understand that I can do anything as long as Christ is with me. Even though I am now a believer, I still sin, naturally, and I go to God and ask Him for forgiveness. Always, no matter how awful the sin is, He still washes them away. Knowing that I can go to God and ask Him anything, gives me a feeling of reassurance and makes my life that much more important.

Since becoming a believer, I feel more and more thankful everyday that God has blessed me with a great family, who also believes in God and follows Him wherever he leads them. I believe that my parents played the largest role in bringing Christ into my life and helping me become aware of these great gifts He has given me. My parents were the ones that taught me to have faith in Jesus and that I can I talk to Him about any problem I have. Knowing that I can talk to Him at any time gives me tremendous faith.