Favoritism

Brittany - Orchard Park, New York

In school there are teachers that favor students. Usually not because they are smarter then the other students, but because they are cooler or more popular then the other students.

I have teachers that full blown favor students in my school. These students are probably the dumbest people I have ever met. The teachers act like they don’t favor them but it is really clear that they do. Kids could walk in 5 seconds late and the teacher would find a way to make a fool out of them but if that one kid walks in say 5 minutes late they can just come in and sit down like nothing happened. This type of teacher’s behavior shows the student that they don’t need to respect elders and it kind of says that they are above the other students too.

My favorite kind of favoring though is when the kid fails every assignment but still magically happens to pass the course. They will stay after for help but it just so happens that the teacher doesn’t really teach the kid, they sit there and talk and laugh the whole time. The student thinks that they can get by with out trying and that is not what happens in the real world.

Now me personally I don’t really care if someone is favored. I just want to pass school so I can fulfill my life goals. But some students can’t stand when another is being favored and it truthfully isn’t fair. If you want to bond with someone don’t make it a teacher student relationship because you will get in trouble.

I do believe that teachers favor students. I think that it is really wrong, but it happens. They don’t realize that it actually hurts some kids to see that and I wish that they would figure out that they are hurting some students’ school experience. What teachers should recognize is that in the long run they are actually hurting the students they favor. I don’t only speak for myself but I am speaking for all the students in the world that are subjected to this.