Believe in yourself

Kyle - Orchard park, New York

If you believe in yourself then you can accomplish anything that you want to no matter what challenges you have to overcome. This I believe. I noticed this when I took a second to step back and take a look at all of the people that are some how involved in my life. I look at people like Tim Connolly of the Buffalo Sabres and Kevin Everett of the buffalo bills who at one point had a major problem but believed in themselves and overcame that problem whether it be a concussion or breaking your neck and potentially becoming paralyzed.

As well as looking at other people in my life a look at myself. My current goal is to go to college hopefully with a scholarship for lacrosse and come out and get a job that I love to do and make descent amount of money. While I look at that goal I think of all the different challenges that I will potentially have to overcome. I think of different things such as having to work as hard as I can during practice and then giving an even greater effort on the field during games. While at the same time keeping up my grades so that the types of colleges that I want to get into will accept me. I came to realize that if you do believe in yourself that your goals such as mine might come true or begin to come true. For me when at the end of my JV season for lacrosse after being one of the captains and the MVP of the season I was called up to practice with the varsity team during the playoffs.

Although Tim Connolly and Kevin Everett have been great influences on me the person who has affected me the most is my older brother who was a troubled person in high school to say the least. It seemed like he was going nowhere with his lackadaisical work effort and attention deficit disorder. But after wasting five years of his life he managed to overcome his problems and get into a college that he likes and is majoring in a subject that he actually wants to study.

If you believe in yourself then you can accomplish anything that you want to no matter what challenges you have to overcome. This I believe.